Welcome back to the second part of our series on how to hardwire install the BlackVue DR750X-3CH Plus Dash Cam in your Mercedes Benz E450. In this installment, we’ll dive deeper into the installation process and cover everything you need to know to successfully catch any incidents on the road. If you’re looking for a reliable dash cam to protect yourself and your vehicle, keep reading to learn more about the BlackVue DR750X-3CH Plus and how to install it!
As a car owner, having a dash cam installed in your vehicle could potentially save you a lot of trouble when it comes to accidents or incidents on the road. The BlackVue DR750X-3CH Plus Dash Cam is a popular choice, especially when combined with a Mercedes Benz E450. Previously, we covered the first part of how to install this dash cam, and in this article, we will be discussing Part 2: hardwiring the BlackVue DR750X-3CH Plus Dash Cam in your vehicle.
Hardwiring the BlackVue DR750X-3CH Plus Dash Cam:
While it is important to note that hardwiring is optional, it is highly recommended to maximize the system’s capabilities. Hardwiring essentially means connecting the dash cam directly to the car’s electrical system, rather than relying on the cigarette power socket.
Essential BlackBoxMyCar Installation Kit:
Before beginning the installation process, it is important to have the essential BlackBoxMyCar installation kit. This kit includes tools such as a circ tester, trim removal tool, zip ties, add fuses, and the fuse temps. They can be purchased through BlackBoxMyCar’s website and a 5% discount can be applied using the code “BBMCGRAM”.
- To begin installing the BlackVue DR750X-3CH Plus Dash Cam, disconnect the car battery to avoid any electrical hazards.
- Locate the fuse box in your vehicle, which should be found near the car battery.
- Take the fuse tap and insert it into a fuse slot that corresponds with a constant power source. This means that even when the car is turned off, the dash cam will still have power.
- Connect the wire labeled “ACC” to a switched power source in the fuse box. This means that the dash cam will only turn on when the car is turned on.
- Connect the ground wire to the car’s chassis.
- Run the cables through the headliner and A-pillar cover.
- Remove the sun visor clip and the side mirror cover to further run the cables.
- Once the cables have been connected and routed, replace all covers and reconnect the car battery.
It is important to note that this installation process may vary depending on the make and model of your vehicle.
If hardwiring seems too complicated, an alternative option is to use the cigarette power socket for a simpler installation. However, this does come with some drawbacks such as limited features and the potential of the charger becoming unplugged.
For those who prefer professional installation, BlackBoxMyCar offers a 15% discount for their services. They are located in Richmond, BC, and contact numbers are available for inquiries.
Is it required to hardwire the BlackVue DR750X-3CH Plus Dash Cam in my vehicle?
No, it is optional, but highly recommended to maximize the system’s capabilities.
Is it necessary to purchase the BlackBoxMyCar installation kit?
It is essential for first-time dash cam installers to have the essential tools and accessories for a successful installation.
Can I use the cigarette power socket for a simpler installation?
Yes, but it comes with some drawbacks such as limited features and the potential of the charger becoming unplugged.
How do I receive the 15% discount for professional installation?
Message BlackBoxMyCar for more information and to schedule an appointment.
Where can I find Part 1 of how to install the BlackVue DR750X-3CH Plus Dash Cam?
Part 1 is available on BlackBoxMyCar’s YouTube channel.