Welcome to my latest blog post where I’ll be sharing some useful tips on how to prevent your dash cam from recording unnecessarily when parked in your garage. If you’re worried about your dash cam draining its battery or filling up your memory card with hours of footage of your stationary car, then you’ll definitely want to stick around and learn how to optimize your Parking Mode settings. As a seasoned dash cam user and a tech enthusiast, I’ve spent countless hours researching and experimenting with various settings and techniques, and I’m excited to share my insights with you. So, without further ado, let’s dive into the world of dash cam parking mode optimization!
Dash cams can provide valuable evidence in the event of an accident, theft, or vandalism. However, most dash cams operate continuously and record everything, including when the car is parked. This can cause the dash cam to drain the car’s battery and fill up the SD card. Fortunately, there are ways to turn off the dash cam while parking, avoiding unnecessary recordings and saving battery life. In this article, we will explore different methods of turning off the dash cam during parking mode.
Method 1: Power Magic Pro
The Power Magic Pro is a device that allows for the dash cam to be powered by the car’s battery while in parking mode. With this device, you can choose when to turn off the dash cam, thus avoiding unnecessary recordings. The Power Magic Pro is compatible with most Blackview cameras and has an on/off switch, making it easy to turn off the camera while parked.
Method 2: Battery Pack
Another way to turn off the dash cam while parked is by using a battery pack. Battery packs can be connected to the dash cam and can be switched off, thus avoiding unnecessary recordings. This method is particularly useful for those who park their cars for extended periods, as it saves the car battery from being drained.
Method 3: Inline Switch
Some customers install an inline switch in the wiring itself to turn off the dash cam while parked. This method requires some technical knowledge and may not be suitable for everyone. However, if done correctly, it can be an effective way to turn off the dash cam, thus saving battery life and avoiding unnecessary recordings.
Method 4: Switch off the car
One of the simplest ways to turn off the dash cam while parked is by switching off the car. Most dash cams will turn off when the car’s ignition is turned off, thus avoiding any further recordings.
- Do all dash cams have a parking mode?
- No, not all dash cams have a parking mode. However, most newer models do.
- Will turning off the dash cam while parked affect its performance?
- No, turning off the dash cam while parked will not affect its performance.
- Can I turn off the dash cam remotely?
- Some advanced dash cams offer remote access, allowing you to turn off the dash cam remotely. However, this feature is not available in all models.
- Can I use the Power Magic Pro with other dash cam brands?
- The Power Magic Pro is compatible with most Blackview cameras. However, it may not work with other dash cam brands.
- Can I buy a dash cam installation service from BlackboxMyCar?
- Yes, BlackboxMyCar offers professional installation services in Richmond, BC, and offers a 15% discount on installation fees. You can also use the code BBMCGRAM to avail of a 5% discount on the BlackboxMyCar website.
Dash cams can provide valuable footage in a range of situations. However, to avoid unnecessary recordings and to save battery life, it’s important to know how to turn off the dash cam while parked. Whether you opt for the Power Magic Pro, a battery pack, or an inline switch, turning off the dash cam while parked is simple and effective. As always, it’s important to follow the manufacturer’s instructions carefully when installing and using dash cams. For more information on dash cam technology, follow BlackboxMyCar.