Welcome to the first part of our comprehensive guide on how to hardwire install the Thinkware U1000 and PowerCell 8 battery in your 2018 Kia Sorento. If you’re looking to upgrade your vehicle’s dash cam system, or simply seeking to ensure long-lasting power, this guide will provide you with step-by-step instructions on how to hardwire the U1000 and PowerCell 8 battery for optimal performance. With our expert advice and easy-to-follow instructions, you’ll be able to complete the hardwire installation process with ease and enhance your driving experience. So, let’s get started!
Thinkware U1000 x PowerCell 8 Battery x 2018 Kia Sorento | How to Hardwire Install: Part 1 —Catch
Are you tired of dealing with messy cables or having to recharge your dashcam every few days? Well, we have got you covered! We will be discussing a step-by-step guide on how to install a Thinkware U1000 dashcam and Black Box Power Cell 8 battery in a 2018 Kia Sorento. With this hardwire installation, you can forget about tangled wires and enjoy peace of mind whenever you go for a drive. So let’s dive in!
Before we start with the installation, make sure you have these tools handy:
- 12-volt circuit tester
- Wire cutters/strippers
- Fuse tap kit with 12v Add-a-Circuit
- Thinkware U1000 and Power Cell 8 battery pack
- Black electrical tape
- Safe circuit tester tool
- 10 mm socket wrench
- Torx-head screwdriver
- Zip ties
Follow these steps carefully for a successful hardwire installation of Thinkware U1000 and Power Cell 8 in your Kia Sorento:
- First and foremost, disconnect the negative terminal of your car battery to prevent any electrical mishaps.
- Locate the fuse box under the steering wheel on the driver’s side of the dashboard.
- Use the 12-volt circuit tester to identify a fuse that is switched on when the car starts and turns off when the car is turned off. A good example is the “Spare” or “Accessory” fuse.
- Next, insert the Add-a-Circuit onto the chosen fuse by plugging it in and inserting the original fuse into the Add-a-Circuit.
- Connect the red wire from the Thinkware U1000 to the Add-a-Circuit.
- Use the safe circuit tester tool to test the connection.
- Connect the black wire of the Thinkware U1000 to the car’s unpainted metal body.
- Now, it’s time to connect the Black Box Power Cell 8 battery pack. Insert the battery pack into the footwell on the passenger side of the car and connect the red wire to the positive terminal of the battery and the black wire to the negative terminal.
- Use zip ties to organize and secure the excess wires.
- Finally, reconnect the negative terminal of your car battery and test the functionality of your dashcam.
- Make sure to hide the wires carefully under the panels and avoid any contact with moving parts such as pedals and the steering column.
- Ensure that the dashcam does not obstruct your view while driving.
- You can also consider getting professional installation services located in Richmond, BC, where you can avail of the 15% off by mentioning the code ‘BBMCGRAM’.
In conclusion, hardwiring your Thinkware U1000 and Power Cell 8 battery pack can be a game-changer for your driving experience. With this easy-to-follow guide, you can enjoy uninterrupted surveillance footage of your vehicle on the go. Be sure to follow the necessary precautions and consider availing of professional installation services if needed.
How long does the installation take?
Ans: The installation process takes approximately 45 minutes to an hour, depending on your expertise.
Is it safe to hardwire a dashcam?
Ans: Yes, hardwiring your dashcam is safe as long as you follow the guidelines and take necessary precautions. Disconnecting the car battery before installation is essential to ensure safety.
Can the installation process be reversed?
Ans: Yes, the installation process can be reversed by simply unplugging the Add-a-Circuit and removing the battery pack.
Will this installation affect my car battery life?
Ans: No, the dashcam and battery pack are designed to draw minimal power and will not affect your car battery’s lifespan significantly.
Can someone without prior experience install this on their Kia Sorento?
Ans: Yes, this installation process is relatively simple and can be done with proper guidance and tools. However, if you feel unsure, consider professional installation services.